St. Peter Martyr School Mission Statement
Martyr School, an educational ministry of the Roman Catholic Church, is a
preschool through eighth grade Catholic school that provides a strong
academic program in a caring environment. The school welcomes and
educates a culturally diverse population from Pittsburg and surrounding
communities as well as from various parishes and faiths who are willing
to accept the philosophy and mission of Saint Peter Martyr School. We
prepare children to be God-centered, socially aware citizens, and
lifelong learners. We are committed to their spiritual, intellectual,
physical, emotional, social, and cultural development.
Lumen Christi Academies Mission
The Lumen Christi Academies (LCA) offer a faith-based environment that reflects the diversity of our communities and ignites students to be the light of Christ in the world. We attract, support and holistically form students, families and teachers. We are building a firm financial foundation to innovate our programs and facilities to ensure equitable access to excellence for all.
LCA Root Beliefs: widely agreed upon and shared truths
- We share in God’s love and live in service of others.
- Mutual trust builds respectful and inclusive communities.
- Collaborative and constructive dialogue inspires holistic development.
- Empowered learners persevere through the lifelong journey.
- Critical thinkers seek the truth with an open mind and an open heart.
LCA Core Values: timeless, enduring, and intrinsically important principles
- Faith: Christ-centered
- Community: Unite through God’s grace
- Service: Answer the call to serve
- Equity: Advocate for opportunity and justice
- Excellence: Strive to attain full potential