Skip to main content
History

History

Saint Peter Martyr School opened its doors to the community on January 23, 1950, under the direction of the Dominican Sisters from Edmonds, Washington.

Since then, Saint Peter Martyr has made efforts to expand the curricular, extracurricular, and alumni programs to address the needs of students, families, and the community. In the 1960s, the school helped establish a parochial grammar school league for boys’ and girls’ athletic teams. Several years later, Saint Peter Martyr introduced pre-kindergarten and kindergarten, with an extended care program added in the 1980s. To broaden the school’s public relations program, the alumni program was established in 1985. Then, in the 1990s, a computer lab was established and the school was networked. Through the years, extra curricular activities, clubs, and programs have been introduced to enrich student learning.