Resources for Catholics at Home:
- United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- Response to COVID-19 from the Oakland Diocese
- COVID-19 Updates from St. Catherine of Siena Parish
- Prayer Resources for the Coronavirus
- Catholic Faith & Life Digest
Social Emotional Health and Well-Being of Students
- Talking With Children: TIPS FOR CAREGIVERS, PARENTS, AND TEACHERS DURING INFECTIOUS DISEASE OUTBREAKS
- Talking to Children about COVID-19: A Parent Resource
Good Shepherd Church Live Stream Mass
Lesson Planning for Long-Term Dismissal
Teachers will be posting lesson plans daily on Class Dojo, class websites or Google Classroom.Lessons will be standard aligned.
Some teachers will provide learning choices to meet the standards.
Students are expected to work on Freckle for at least 45 minutes each week or the amount of time their teachers have assigned to them.
Teachers will be sharing their zoom call schedule on ClassDojo, Google Classroom or Class Website. Zoom Calls will used in the following areas::
- Teacher Check in
- Teacher Read Aloud
- Standard Based Question & Exit Ticket
- Small Groups Direct Instruction & Individual Student Check ins
Zoom Norms for Instruction and Teacher Check-in:
- Zoom Norms K-8:
- Thumb Rating (Thumbs up or down for yes or no question)
- Mute your mics when you enter a call. Be in a quiet place to participate in the discussion.
- Be an active listener. ( B Do not touch buttons on the zoom feature, refrain from eating, be fully dressed, & be kind.)
- Raise your hand and wait for the teacher to call on you.
- Be in a family area of your house
- Make sure your camera is focused on you
St. Peter Martyrs Daily Guidelines
- ELA 30 minutes
- Math 30 minutes
- Religion 20 minutes
- Science/Social Studies 20 minutes
- ELA 45 minutes
- Math 45 minutes
- Social Studies/Science 30 minutes
- Religion 30 minutes
- ELA 60 minutes
- Math 60 minutes
- Social Studies 30 minutes
- Science 30 minutes
- Religion 30 minutes
Attendance “at school”:
Attendance will be taken by each homeroom teacher using the Google Form sent home at the beginning of the Long Term Dismissal. PLease make sure that you are checking your child every day and that they are doing their work.
- Class Dojo (K-8)
- Social Media @spmmartyrs (Instagram & Facebook)
- Email from Office communication
- Google Classroom
- Live and Recorded Zoom Class meetings and daily check-ins
As of now, all events for future and new families are postponed for a later date when the Shelter-in-Place restrictions have been lifted.
Resources for parents & caregivers:
Digital Field Trips
- California Academy of Science - Learn & Explore
- Check out the “Apps and Interactives” section for great activities
- Explore, Play, Discover: Websites, Activities, and More
- Activites, apps, and videos create a great virtual field trip experience
- Video field trips available through their website.
- Additional paid features are available
- Discovery Education
- Youtube based video field trips
- 9 Great Virtual Field Trips for Early Learners
- Great list of digital field trips
- PORTS - Parks Online Resources for Teachers and Students
- CA state parks have promised broadcast style field trips as schools are closing across the country.
- Check out their project based learning resources and stay tuned!
- The Nature Conservancy of Oklahoma
- Use an interactive online tour application to visit nature!
- Videos are available as well as self-exploration
Online programs accessible from any type of device with a browser and internet connection
- PBS | NOVA
- Stream free science videos!
- American Museum of Natural History
- Grade all, history/science
- Explore museum activities, articles, and more online. Posts assignments directly to the classroom.
- Learn to Type | Free Typing Tutor - Typing.com
- Grade k-5, Typing
- Fun Typing games for kids (by Typing.com) (Free and ad-free for schools). Can be used for older students if typing level is appropriate. The activities for comfort with the different locations of letters on a keyboard can be done without a keyboard on a tablet.
- Kahn Academy: Common Core
- Grade All
- Full lessons mathematics lessons adhering to Common Core standards K - 12
- Grade All
- Free Computer science curriculum for K - 8
- Grade K-8
- Common Core English and maths worksheets for K - 8
- Adobe Spark
- Grade 3-12, all
- Create art, videos, projects, and designs simply
- Go Noodle
- Grade K-6, All
- Movement based learning programs encouraging kids to get up and exercise and move around.
- Grade tk-4, Reading
- Digital libraries are adding more books every day. Free for teachers with online sign-up. Parents pay a monthly fee for access outside of school hours.